Postal Address: Glan Dena, Capel Curig, Betws y Coed
Location: Glan Dena is situated at the east end of Llyn Ogwen.
O.S. Sheet 115 grid ref. [Please refer to handbook for details]
Accommodation: Two-tier bunks are provided for 32 people.
Hon. Hut Warden: [Please refer to handbook for details or use the Contact the MAM link]
Hon. Asst. Hut Warden: [Please refer to handbook for details]
Hut Sub-Committee: [Please refer to handbook for details]
The Warden is responsible for the day to day maintenance of the hut.
1. Applications to stay at Glan Dena must be made with either the relevant meet coordinator or in all other cases with the Hut Booking Secretary preferably 5 clear days before the intended date of arrival. They should not be made with the Hut Warden. [Please refer to handbook for access details]
2. Blankets are provided but members and guests must bring their own sheets or sleeping bag and pillow case.
3. Members and guests must sign the Hut Register on arrival and pay Hut Fees to the Assistant Treasurer using the forms provided. The Fees are: £6.00 per night for Members, Affiliated Members and Junior Members, £8.00 per night for Members of Kindred Clubs; £10.00 per night for visitors and £12 per night for visitors in Block Booked parties at weekends. Fees for Camping are as above, whether the hut facilities are used or not. Day Fee is £1.50.
4. Bunk Room 5 is reserved normally for the exclusive use of women. This normal arrangement should not be varied to suit the personal convenience of individuals. Any variation should only be to ensure the best use of accommodation. On official Meets members must adhere to the Meet Coordinator's decision.
5. A member may bring guests, but: (a) He or she may not bring more than three guests on any one occasion. (b) An individual guest may not stay at the hut on more than three occasions in any calendar year. (c) Junior Members and Affiliated Members shall not be entitled to bring guests to Glan Dena, but a Junior Member shall not count as the guest of ordinary Members. (d) Children under 14 are only allowed to visit Glan Dena for official family meets or if they are accompanied by a member or a member's personal guest. Members wishing to take children to Glan Dena must contact and advise the Hon. Hut Booking Secretary in all cases apart from when attending an official family meet. This must be carried out at least 7 clear days before the intended visit so that they can be sent a copy of the Association's policy regarding children in huts.
6. Any damage to the Hut must be reported at once to the Warden; temporary repairs should be effected as far as possible.
7. Close attention must be paid to the additional instructions posted in the Hut, with special reference to windows, keys, fires, water supply, electrical apparatus and propane gas, frost and fire precautions.
8. It is the responsibility of the members and visitors using the Hut to see that it is always clean and tidy. Members are asked to be economical with all fuel supplies, particularly electricity at certain times. All food must be stored on the shelves in the kitchen and on departure no food in any form is to be left in the Hut.
9. Hut users must not bring animals, including pets, into the huts. Smoking in the huts is strictly prohibited.
10. Members and others using the Hut are asked to report their intended route in the Destination Book before they set out and on return to enter details of their activities in the Hut Log.
11. [Please refer to handbook for details]
12. Hut users should not normally play radios etc in the hut, and should seek agreement from all those staying in the hut if they wish to do so.